• Please use an working Email account to verify your memebership in the forum

Beautiful Days ???

Ilavanji

Beautiful days ???

I Grew Up .......Regardless Of The Weather, Our Dinner Time Was At 8.30PM And Bed Time Was 10:00PM.

Eating Out At A Restaurant Was A Huge Deal, Rarity Actually, That Nearly Never Happened.

There Was No Such Thing As Fast Food On Every Other Day, And Having A Bottle Of Soft Drinks Or A Large Ice-Cream From The Local Shop Was A Real Treat. Boy Oh Boy! Pass Your Final Exams And Then You May Get A New Pair Of Clothes!

You took your #school clothes off as soon as you got home and put on your ‘home’ clothes. There was no taking or picking you up in the car, you either boarded the school bus or rode on public transport! Or simply walked back. You got home did your chores and your homework before dinner.

Our house phone had a cord attached and a dial so there was no such things as private conversations!

We didn’t have #appletv #AmazonPrime or #Netflix, we had only a few channels to watch and not available 24/7.

We played Cops & Robbers, Hide & Seek, Football, Cricket, Pittu, Marbles and any other game we could come up with..... At home, we stuck to chess, scrabbles, ludo, snakes and ladders and Monopoly.

Staying shut in the house was a PUNISHMENT and the only thing we knew about "bored" was studying :(

We played music via magnetic tapes or radio.

We went to the local shop for grocery and candy used to be a few cents or at the most one rupee.

We ate what Mom made for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even snacks were homemade. Bottled water was a luxury and unheard of. We drank tap water. At home it was boiled and cooled . While playing outside straight from the tap. ;)

We weren't AFRAID OF ANYTHING. We played until dark... sunset was our alarm.

We hung around with real friends not virtual. We rode our bicycles or walked to meet our friends at their houses. Friends houses were extension to our home.

If someone had a fight, that's what it was and we were friends again a week later, if not SOONER.

We watched our MOUTHS around our elders because ALL of our aunts, uncles, grandpas, grandmas, AND our parents' best friends were all extensions of our PARENTS and you didn't want them telling your parents if you misbehaved! Or they would give you something to cry about.

We respected the Police, Firemen, Ambulance workers, Teachers, Doctors and Nurses.

We never answered back..... ever!!

We got detention at school for not doing homework, being late to class or being naughty. Our teachers spanked us when we deserved, and our parents did not complain about it.

Those were the good days. So many kids today will never know how it all felt ?. I loved my childhood and all the friends I hung around with. Good Times ??

Last edited: