• Please use an working Email account to verify your memebership in the forum

Physical Education

R

Ravanan

View attachment

Below is an article masterfully authored by Chairman Mao Tse-tung on physical education which has greatly influenced, and helped me in taking the question of my physical health into my own hands, and working to better it day by day.

Quitting smoking, drinking liquor weekly, and exercising daily now, has been one of the greatest things in my life, and it is due in large part to this document, and Chairman Mao's selected works generally.

It isn't necessary to procrastinate working on your physical health until you have no other option, nor is beauty the main objective. Physical education is an essential aspect of serving the people wholheartedly. Without this body the contradiction of life comes to an end. Let's take full advantage of it now, and work to improve on it to better serve the international proletariat, and the broad masses.

A communist must be strong ideologically, politically, emotionally, and physically as well to confront the imperialisms, and reactionaries of all stripes. Hence, why I share it with you all today.

The following is the text of this beautiful Chairman Mao piece entitled,

"A STUDY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION"
April 1917
[Extracted from an essay published in April 1917 (in Hsin ching-nein) ]

1. AN EXPLANATION OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION.

2. THE PLACE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION IN OUR LIFE

3. PREVIOUS ABUSES OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND MY METHOD FOR REMIDYING THEM

4. THE UTILITY OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION

5. THE REASONS FOR DISLIKING EXERCISE

6. THE METHODS OF EXERCISE SHOULD BE FEW

7. THE POINTS TO WHICH WE MUST PAY ATTENTION WHEN WE EXERCISE.

There are three things to which we must pay attention in exercise: (1) perseverance, (2) concentration of all our strength, and (3) that it be savage and rude. There are many other things that require attention. Here I have merely indicated the most important ones.....